Policy for reproduction and reuse
The DigComp reports are available for reuse, according to the Commission Reuse Decision. You can reuse it (copy, redistribute it in any medium or format, adapt, translate, remix, transform and build on it) without limitations as long as you:
- Acknowledge the source of the report,
- e.g. DigComp 2.0 report and, if possible, provide a link to it (i.e. https://publications.jrc.ec.europa.eu/repository/handle/JRC101254)
- Do not distort the original meaning of the document. Reuse in a manner calculated to deceive or to defraud is not authorised.
The European Commission is not liable for any consequences stemming from the reuse.
Rules on modifications
Please note that if you modify, adapt or translate the DigComp reports, you are not allowed to include the logo of the European Commission in the document.
In addition, you are recommended to:
- Indicate the changes made, the responsible author(s) and/or organisation(s);
- Declare that the Commission is not responsible for the translation and avoid to imply or suggest that the Commission endorses your version of the document;
- Avoid reproducing unique identifiers (e.g. ISBN, doi) for purposes other than to refer to the original document.
We would suggest the following example for a copyright notice, below adopted for DigComp 2.0:
"First published in English as DigComp 2.0: The Digital Competence Framework for Citizens. Update Phase 1: the Conceptual Reference Model. by the European Commission's Joint Research Centre - © European Union, 2016
This translation is the responsibility of [indicate the responsible author(s) and/or organisation(s)]. The European Commission is not responsible for this translation and cannot be held liable for any consequence stemming from the reuse of the document."
Translation support materials
► To translate DigComp 2.2, please go to a support page hosted by the DigComp CoP
► To translate DigComp 2.1, please follow the recommendations in this template
In the document on the ESCO webpage, the European Commission publishes the ESCO translation of the DigComp competence areas (Dimension 1) and their descriptors together with the 21 competence titles and descriptors (Dimension 2) as they are integrated in ESCO.
Infographics and flyers
- Infographic explaining DigComp 2.1 "Learning to swim in the digital ocean"
- Infographic explaining DigComp 2.0
- Part 1: introduction
- Part 2: List of 21 competences
- Important! Due to web re-structuring, references to the link https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/digcomp in the infographics are now out of date and should be replaced with https://joint-research-centre.ec.europa.eu/digcomp_en
- DigComp flyer
- DigComp video