EU Science Hub website
This statement applies to content published on the domain: "https://joint-research-centre.ec.europa.eu".
It does not apply to other content or websites published on any of its subdomains. These websites and their content will have their own specific accessibility statement.
This website is managed by the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible, including people with disabilities.
You should be able to:
- zoom up to 200% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using a modern screen reader and speech recognition software (on your computer or phone)
This website is designed to comply with the technical standard for websites and mobile apps, EN 301 549, v.3.2.1. This closely follows level ‘AA’ of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1.
This website is partially compliant with technical standard EN 301 549 v.3.2.1 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. See "Non-accessible content" for more details.
The website was last tested on March 2023.
Preparation of this statement
The statement is based on a review done by an automated tool Axe Monitor, using a combination of manual and automated testing.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the ‘EU Science Hub’ website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- Phone: 00 800 6 7 8 9 10 11
- Contact form: Write to us (please refrain from providing sensitive information in the form, e.g. any information that would reveal personal financial information, information related to your health, or any other sensitive topic).
We try to respond to feedback within 15 business days from the date of receipt of the enquiry by the responsible Commission department.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The "EU Science Hub" website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Brave browsers;
- in combination with the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver and TalkBack.
The accessibility of the "EU Science Hub" website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the "EU Science Hub" website, we are aware of some limitations, which we are working to fix.