Through a series of initiatives, the JRC investigates how the public administration uses digital technologies to enhance the quality, accessibility, and efficiency of public services.
Specifically, these activities focus on understanding how public administration should adopt and use digital emerging technologies, with a human-centred approach, to ensure the trustworthiness of the system and citizens’ co-creation.
The JRC produces concrete and practical outcomes, such as recommendations or governance frameworks. These outputs will assist public administration in their efforts to innovate the delivery of public services.
Our research includes:
- Scientific support to the Public Sector Tech Watch, a knowledge hub on the use of emerging technologies, with a strong focus on artificial intelligence
- Addressing questions, such as:
- How to support digital transitions in the public sector?
- How to empower public institutions to meaningfully adopt new technologies?
- Which interoperability issues need to be addressed and what are possible solutions?
…and much more
- Interview: Joint Research Centre (JRC) contribution to track emerging technologies’ landscape in the European Public Sector
- AI Watch research on the potential use and impact of AI for the public sector