Food systems, comprising the entire range of actors and their activities from production to consumption and waste, have significant impacts on the economy, jobs, environment, climate, food safety, and health and well-being of citizens.
We need to achieve a transition towards more sustainable food systems, able to preserve resources while guaranteeing access to healthy diets for everyone.
- Provide the systemic and integrated analyses, responses and tools to address policy needs covering all actors and dimensions of food systems transformation.
- Identify the key drivers of food security and the links between them, as well as the assessment of their impact.
- Anticipate development and application of quantitative and qualitative analytical tools for the conception, monitoring and evaluation of relevant food systems policies.
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Climate Action
- Education, Youth, Sport and Culture
- European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations
- International Partnerships
- Justice and Consumers
- Maritime Affairs and Fisheries
- European Anti-Fraud Office
- Research and Innovation
- Structural Reform Support