- JRC nr: JRC115019
- Publication date
- 21 December 2018
- The European Cohesion Policy supports eleven thematic objectives. Four of these are key priorities for the European Regional Development Fund: Research and Innovation (R&I), Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), SME competitiveness, and Low-carbon economy.
- The European Commission's Joint Research Centre (JRC) is supporting Apulia, Italy, with the design and implementation of Regional Innovation Strategies for Smart Specialisation (RIS3).
- Quantitative tools such as the RHOMOLO model could help evaluate the impact of funding programmes in different policy areas across European regions.
- R&I and Low-Carbon ERDF Investments aim at generating sustainable growth and supporting the capacity of regional economies to innovate in line with the Energy Union strategy and the EU's transition to a low-carbon economy.
- Policy simulations using the RHOMOLO dynamic CGE model show positive macro-economic effects of the ERDF investments related to the R&I and Low-carbon thematic objectives in Apulia both within the region and in its neighbouring regions.
DIUKANOVA Olga, MANDRAS Giovanni, CONTE Andrea, SALOTTI Simone