We in the JRC invest in working practices and expertise in order to continuously improve our services to our customers and stakeholders.
To that extend, we implement an Integrated Management System (IMS) compliant with several standards. These standards include:
- ISO standards
- requirements originating from the European Commission
- international and national legislation
The IMS integrates different management systems into one framework:
- a quality management system,
- a health and safety management system
- an environmental management system
The JRC holds a number of international recognised certifications, accreditations and verifications.
- ISO9001:2015: (Quality Management): the JRC is certified as a multisite organisation:
- ISO 9001 Certificate JRC
- ISO 9001 Sub Certificates
- ISO 45001:2018 (Occupational Health and Safety): the JRC is certified on site-level:
- ISO 45001 Certificates JRC-Geel
- ISO 45001 Certificates JRC-Ispra
- ISO 45001 Certificates JRC-Karlsruhe
- ISO 45001 Certificate JRC-Petten
- ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation ensures the competence of calibration and testing laboratories.
- ISO/IEC 17020 accreditation ensures the competence of bodies performing inspection and the impartiality and consistency of their inspection activities.
- ISO 17034 accreditation ensures the competence of reference material producers.
- ISO/IEC 17043 accreditation ensures the competence of proficiency test providers.
- Verified for the Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) regulation (an achievement which can be transferred into an ISO14001 certification).
If you have questions regarding the certifications, please email: JRC-QUALITY-MANAGEMENTec [dot] europa [dot] eu (subject: Enquiry%20about%20JRC%20certifications) (JRC-QUALITY-MANAGEMENT[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu)