- applied sciences | economic analysis | industrial policy | economic development | regional development | economic and social cohesion | open innovation | research infrastructure | citizen science | Economic and Monetary Union | financial stability | energy distribution | energy research | transmission network | energy efficiency | energy market | transport research
This learning lab is organised as part of the Stairway to Excellence (S2E) project and the Smart Specialisation Platform on Energy (S3PEnergy), managed by the JRC, in close cooperation with DG REGIO, and in collaboration with the Ministry for Innovation and Technology and the National Research, Development and Innovation Office of Hungary.
This event will take place on the 3rd and 4th of July 2019, in Budapest, Hungary.
Agenda and registration information
Please see agenda and register online.
The main aim is to improve governance models in EU13 in view of optimising the spending of the EU funds in sustainable and innovative energy solutions, addressing societal challenges such as the clean energy transition, both for the remaining and the next programming period. The learning lab will provide insights to reinforce the participation of the EU13 regions in the energy thematic partnerships and in the S3PEnergy present and future interregional activities.
The specific objectives are to:
- engage the dialogue among public authorities, related Commission services and other stakeholders;
- assess main challenges and barriers of energy-related innovation policies, and debate on potential solutions;
- share experience and showcase good practices;
- identify the actions needed to be involved in the global value chains;
- prepare for the prospect of capacity building activities;
- draw lessons for the future, and
- identify follow-up actions to strengthen the engagement in S3PEnergy.
The learning lab will be open to managing authorities from EU13 member states and regions, as well as invited experts and related stakeholders in the field of R&I and energy.
As a Mutual Learning Event, cases will show shared and discussed good practices, where participants may table specific requests, and alternative solutions.
Participants will have the opportunity to present themselves and the current situation in their region/country.
For further details on the event please contact: JRC-B3-S3PLATFORM-ENERGY@ec.europa.eu