- applied sciences
A perfect storm of new technologies and new business models is transforming not only our vehicles.
It will transform everything about how we get around, and how we live our lives.
The launch event aims to bring together policymakers, academia and the private sector to discuss the report's insights and its implications for EU policy.
Please watch the launch event online on 21 June, 11:00 – 13:30
- 10:30-11:00 Registration and welcome
- 11:00-11:50: Report presentation and feedback from a policy perspective
- 11:50-13:00: Panel discussion “a multi-stakeholder perspective”
- 13:00-13:15: Closing remarks
Registration and venue
Registration is closed.Venue: Joint Research Centre European Commission Rue du Champ de Mars 21 1050 Brussels
The future has the opportunity to move from the current transport system centred on car ownership towards one that is
- more efficient,
- less polluting and
- more accessible to larger parts of society.
However, new transport technologies, on their own, won't spontaneously make our lives better.
We need to upgrade our transport systems, policies and governance.
The JRC report “The future of road transport - Implications of automated, connected, low-carbon and shared mobility” looks at some main enablers of the transformation of road transport. For example:
- data governance,
- communication technologies
It discusses the potential impacts on
- employment and skills,
- energy use and emissions, the
- sustainability of raw materials,
- democracy, privacy and social fairness
- urban development