The Conference aims to foster the exchange of information on wide-ranging aspects, capturing the progress and challenges in safety and licensing of evolutionary and innovative reactor designs.
The conference will be held as an in-person event, with the possibility of remote connection.
- nuclear research | safety of nuclear installations | nuclear policy | nuclear technology
- External event
The conference aims to facilitate the open exchange of information on widespread aspects of evolutionary and innovative reactor designs in order to create a deeper understanding and harmonise safety approaches and practices, as well as further enhance the licensing strategies for these reactors.
The conference will cover the following main topics:
- Applying safety approaches and standards for evolutionary and innovative reactor technologies
- Enhancing safety by innovative design features
- Supporting integrated decision making through safety/risk analyses
- Accelerating innovations for safety assessment through the advanced simulation and modelling, and experimental programmes
JRC contribution to the conference
- 18 October, Safety Demonstration
Luca Ammirabile (EC) – GIF integrated safety assessment methodology (ISAM) and guidance for its implementation for novel advanced reactors
- 19 October, Safety Approach
Mariano Tarantino (EC) – GIF LFR safety design criteria
- 20 October, Safety, Security and Safeguards Interfaces (3S)
Luca Ammirabile (EC) – Application of the objective provision tree tool for the safety-security interface assessment