- Are you working at national, regional, and local level in government, parliament, academia or civil society on improving the use of scientific evidence for policy-making?
- Would you like to learn more about Europe’s best practice in evidence-informed policy-making?
- Would you be interested in developing your ideas and projects for stronger science for policy eco-systems with like-minded professionals from all over Europe?
Then register now for the events of the workshop series on "Strengthening and connecting eco-systems of science for policy across Europe" between September 2020 and September 2022.
The Covid-19 pandemic has arguably highlighted the importance of robust scientific advice to policymakers. As part of the JRC's efforts to promote sound evidence-informed policy-making across Europe, a series of short, virtual workshops about 'science for policy eco-systems' will be organised between September 2020 and September 2022.
The workshops give opportunity to
- take stock, discuss and exchange experiences
- co-create ideas and projects for structures, mechanisms and instruments for strengthening evidence-informed policy-making across Europe
They come in two types:
- "single element" workshops: for an audience with a specific interest in a particular part of the multi-facetted evidence for policy eco-systems as it is applied across EU countries
- "single eco-system" workshops: for a group of officials and science for policy professionals from one Member State who discuss - with a group of international experts - one Member State's eco-system's good practices, lessons learnt, success factors and bottlenecks.
Time line (September 2020 and September 2022)
"Single element" workshops
- 8 Sept 2020 "Science for policymaking at the centre of national government"
- 7 October 2020 "Science for policymaking in Parliaments"
- 4 November 2020 "Science for policymaking by national academies"
- 2 December 2020 "Science for policymaking by Public Research Institutes and Universities"
- March 2021 "Science for policymaking in regions and cities"
- October 2021 "Science for policymaking: institutionalising knowledge brokerage"
"Single eco-system" workshops
"Single eco-system" workshops will be launched in September-October 2020. The selection of country cases is still to be discussed with interested parties.
- 20 October 2020 "Science for policymaking in Belgium"
- March 2021 "Science for policymaking in Estonia"
- April 2021 "Science for policymaking in Denmark"
- May 2021 "Science for policymaking in Latvia"
- June 2021 "Science for policymaking in Greece"
Between September 2020 and September 2022, this series of workshops will bring together policymakers, civil servants, academics, and experts from across Europe.
- Member state governments
- Regional and local authorities
- National parliaments and regional legislative assemblies
- Civil society organisations
- National academies
- Science-policy interface organisations at international/European level: INGSA, ESAF, OECD, SAPEA, ALLEA
- Entities engaged in science communication
JRC-E4P-ECOSYSTEMec [dot] europa [dot] eu (JRC-E4P-ECOSYSTEM[at]ec[dot]europa[dot]eu)