The JRC brings science to Europe’s regions to enhance evidence-informed policymaking. The Science meets Regions project aims to:
- Adopt a clearer and strategic focus on topics of relevance to regions and cities, which are in line with the Commission policy priorities;
- Fill the gap in the EU instruments addressing evidence-informed policymaking, which target mainly the national authorities and do not foresee any networking initiative to share practices, methods and instruments for EIPM at local and regional levels.
Science meets Regions primarily addresses topics in line with the Commission policy priorities:
- European Green Deal
- Digital transition
- Promoting an economy that works for people
- Enhancing European democracy
- Promoting the European way of life
The programme will adopt a bottom-up approach. The cities, regions and territories who participate in the project will take full ownership of the topic and the process. JRC will provide financial and methodological support.