The JRC brings science to Europe’s regions to enhance evidence-informed policymaking. The Science meets Regions project aims to:
- Adopt a clearer and strategic focus on topics of relevance to regions and cities, which are in line with the Commission policy priorities;
- Fill the gap in the EU instruments addressing evidence-informed policymaking, which target mainly the national authorities and do not foresee any networking initiative to share practices, methods and instruments for Evidence Informed Policy Making (EIPM) at local and regional levels.
Science meets Regions primarily addresses topics in line with the Commission policy priorities:
- European Green Deal
- Digital transition
- Promoting an economy that works for people
- Enhancing European democracy
- Promoting the European way of life
The project adopted a bottom-up approach. The cities, regions and territories who participated in the project took full ownership of the topic and the process. JRC provided financial and methodological support.
The final event of the project took place on 27 and 28 September 2023 in Brussels. More information is available here.