- JRC nr: JRC116219
- Datum der Veröffentlichung
- 17 April 2019
- In many EU countries, a high proportion of local inventions are owned by foreign companies. On the contrary, in few countries the number of patents owned is much higher than the local inventions.
- Companies from Germany and the US are the most frequent foreign owners of patents invented in EU countries.
- Concentration of patents across companies changes largely from one country to the other.
- Differences between local inventions and patent ownership, as well as their concentration within countries matter for Innovation policies aiming at closing the EU gap of knowledge creation and technology diffusion.
VEZZANI Antonio, GKOTSIS Petros, HERNANDEZ GUEVARA Hector, MONCADA PATERNO' CASTELLO Pietro