- JRC nr: JRC119971
- Ημερομηνία δημοσίευσης
- 26 Φεβρουάριος 2020
- The European Commission's Joint Research Centre (JRC) is supporting an Innovation Agenda for the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia).
- Smart Specialisation is the European Union (EU) place-based policy aiming at more thematic concentration in research and innovation (R&I) investments via the evidence-based identification of the strengths and potential of a given economy.
- Access to data and economic analysis are key to a better identification of both current and future socio-economic policy challenges.
- The EU Instrument for Pre-accession Assistance (IPA) supports reforms in the enlargement countries with financial and technical help.
- Out of the almost €4000 million of EU financial support to Western Balkans over the programming period 2014-2022, €664 are destined to North Macedonia.
- Economic modelling simulations using national Input-Output data for North Macedonia show the potential benefits related to investments in the country. The analysis uses a detailed sectorial disaggregation.
MANDRAS Giovanni, CONTE Andrea, SALOTTI Simone