- JRC nr: JRC113328
- Dáta foilsithe
- 17 Deireadh Fómhair 2018
- The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
- The ESF includes 4 different thematic objectives aimed at promoting sustainable employment, social inclusion, education and the efficiency of the public administration.
- Policy simulations using the RHOMOLO dynamic CGE model show positive aggregate macro-economic effects of the ESF policy intervention.
- The ESF stimulates GDP and employment via increases in labour productivity, education and training, and additional demand-side effects.
- RHOMOLO is able to quantify the impact of the ESF in the EU as a whole as well as in each one of the 267 NUTS 2 EU regions. Less developed regions reap most of the benefits of ESF policy intervention.
- By 2030, the cumulative GDP impact of the ESF is larger than its cost, that is the ESF generates more than one euro for each euro spent in it.
SAKKAS Stylianos, CONTE Andrea, SALOTTI Simone