- JRC nr: JRC121856
- Közzététel dátuma
- 3 november 2020
- The COVID-19 pandemic presented great challenges, but also opportunities, to SMEs across Europe.
- We examine how the “European Innovation Champions” successfully absorbed and reacted to the shock caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Five different paradoxical behaviors (i.e., planning, liquidity, time and velocity, partnership, resources and technology) characterized the European Innovation Champions during the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We distill 10 management principles representing key actions and decisions that allowed the European Innovation Champions to manage each paradox.
- This report provides policymakers and business leaders both within and outside the European Union with insights to enhance the capability of SMEs to succeed through a crisis.
DE MASSIS Alfredo, DI MININ Alberto, MARULLO Cristina, ROVELLI Paola, TENSEN Rik, CARBONE Antonio, CRUPI Antonio