- JRC nr: JRC118260
- Data publikacji
- 21 październik 2019
- The European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI) is the central pillar of the Investment Plan for Europe. It tackles the post-crisis investment gap in the EU and aims to revive investment in strategic projects in all EU Member States-
- EFSI was launched jointly by the European Investment Bank (EIB) Group and the European Commission.
- Every year, policy simulations are carried out using the RHOMOLO-EIB Computable General Equilibrium (CGE) model in order to assess the macroeconomic effects of EFSI-supported operations.
- This Policy Insight contains the result of the latest set of simulations quantifying the estimated macroeconomic impact on EU GDP and employment of all EFSI-supported operations approved as of June 13, 2019.
- The EFSI is contributing significantly to job creation and growth. The EIB-JRC estimates suggest that, by 2019, it has already, created more than 1 million jobs (1.7 million by 2022), with a positive contribution to GDP of 0.9% (1.8% by 2022) over the baseline.
- The results of the analysis highlight the importance of investments for jobs and economic growth.
CHRISTENSEN Martin, WEIERS Georg, CONTE Andrea, WOLSKI Marcin, SALOTTI Simone