- JRC nr: JRC123390
- Publication date
- 11 January 2021
- 65 stakeholders participated in an online event, staged over two half-days, to discuss challenges, opportunities and needs of the Algarve region in the field of the digitalisation of tourism.
- Lack of adequate skills, inadequate infrastructure (communication and transport), weak links between tourism services and others economic activities and ineffective data collection and analysis were some of bottlenecks discussed.
- Regional assets, new market trends (more eco-friendly solutions) and the advantage of big data analysis were the main opportunities identified.
- Better data management, diversification of tourism offer, more networking and cooperation were some of the identified market needs.
- Sustainability dimension (circular economy and climate changes issues) in the tourism sector is one of the main themes of interest for future events.
MARQUES SANTOS Anabela, EDWARDS John, LARANJA Manuel