- Contributes to EC priorities:
- A European Green DealA Europe fit for the digital ageA stronger Europe in the worldPromoting our European way of life
The need for better preparedness and EU cooperation in health crises, with a comprehensive approach to be able to provide appropriate responses is a key lesson drawn from the COVID-19 pandemic, reflected by the launch of the European Health Union.
- Provide high quality tools and infrastructure to support the EU preparedness and strategic response to health crises
- Contribute to reinforcing EU strategic technological autonomy and resilience in the health sector and health-related industries
- Promote better communication and citizens’ acceptance of new technologies, e.g. novel vaccines and treatments