The need for better preparedness and EU cooperation in health crises, with a comprehensive approach to be able to provide appropriate responses is a key lesson drawn from the COVID-19 pandemic, reflected by the launch of the European Health Union.
- Provide high quality tools and infrastructure to support the EU preparedness and strategic response to health crises
- Contribute to reinforcing EU strategic technological autonomy and resilience in the health sector and health-related industries
- Promote better communication and citizens’ acceptance of new technologies, e.g. novel vaccines and treatments
- A resilient EU prepared for emerging threats,
- Good health and high-quality accessible healthcare