Today the JRC signed a five-year agreement with the French National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA) to reinforce cooperation in the fields of agriculture and climate change research.
The JRC and INRA will work together to support efficient policies and to ensure that findings and discoveries generated under this agreement are used in ways most likely to benefit the public.
The areas of collaboration will include:
- Mapping innovation and studying eco-systemic approaches to farming
- Modelling and model integration in agriculture
- Bioeconomy, food security and nutrition
- Assessment of multi-performance, including indicators, of related risks in agriculture and related policy options
- Delivery of climate services
- Evaluation of the impact of research on policymaking and society at large (economic, environmental, social impacts)
The partners have already identified five specific projects that they will work on in these fields.
The first one assesses the use of innovative technologies and systemic innovations and their impacts on agricultural productivity, ecosystems and the environment.
Through this work, the JRC and INRA aim to improve and exchange knowledge, generate and exchange data, develop methodologies and evaluate the contribution of innovation and technologies in the fields of agriculture and climate change.
- Data de publicação
- 12 abril 2018