The Commission is calling for applications for the selection of members of the Scientific, Technical and Economic Committee for Fisheries (STECF).
The deadline for applications is 15 November 2021.
What is the STECF?
The STECF assists the Commission when preparing legislative proposals, delegated acts or policy initiatives in the area of fisheries, aquaculture and related matters. Since 2005, the JRC provides the secretariat of the STECF and supports the committee and its numerous expert groups with technical and scientific expertise.
Have a look at the STECF website to review recent activities.
Who is the Commission looking for?
Candidates with proven and relevant competence and experience, at European (including outermost regions) and / or international level, in one or more of the following areas:
- marine and fisheries biology in relation to the implementation of conservation policies;
- technical knowledge of fishing techniques and gear technology;
- scientific data collection in support of the Common Fisheries Policy (CFP);
- conception, evaluation and assessment of (multi-annual) management plans;
- ecosystem-based fisheries management, marine ecosystems and food webs;
- social and/or economic analysis of the fisheries, aquaculture and processing sectors, markets and the supply chain;
What does membership of the STECF entail?
Members of the STECF are appointed, for a period of three years, in a personal capacity. They act independently and in the public interest. In principle, the STECF meets three times per year.
Members should be prepared to:
- attend meetings of the STECF and of its relevant sub-groups (Expert Working Groups);
- contribute actively to discussions in the STECF;
- be involved in preparatory work ahead of meetings;
- examine and provide comments on documents under discussion;
- act as 'rapporteurs' on ad hoc basis.
The STECF working language is English.
How can I apply?
Applications must be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail address: MARE-STECF-APPLICATIONSfirstname.lastname@example.org by 15 November 2021.
More information on the selection criteria and the application process can be found in the
- Data publikacji
- 15 październik 2021