In the context of the European Green Deal and the Farm to Fork Strategy, the JRC is launching the IN-PACT questionnaire to assess
- to what extent businesses in the agri-food chain are innovating products and practices to move towards more sustainable food production and marketing,
- how this is happening,
- what are the drivers and barriers, and
- to what extent regulation is needed.
IN-PACT: “Sustainable Innovation and Innovative practices in the Agri-food supply chain”
It aims to assess the current status of innovative products and practices geared towards sustainability (economic, social/health, environmental) carried out throughout the entire agri-food supply chain, why and how the operators of the agri-food supply chain undergo transformative and disruptive changes towards increased sustainability, and which, and to what extent, policies are needed to support this transition.
More specifically, IN-PACT seeks to discover:
- The main driving factors behind innovations for sustainability and the main barriers that agri-food operators encounter along the way,
- How these changes occur in the agri-food system (individually, at the company level or in collaboration with others such as business partners, technology centres and universities); the characteristics of and relationships between innovating actors and stages; and how innovation percolates through to other parts of the chain,
- The expected implications and trade-offs for sustainability in economic, social and environmental terms,
- How regulation can support the transition, and which policies are needed.
IN-PACT online questionnaire
Following desk research and interviews with agri-food operators and related associations, the JRC and CARTIF are launching the IN-PACT online questionnaire to address these issues.
The questionnaire targets companies and businesses (including SMEs and farmers) that operate in the input supply, primary production, processing, packaging, distribution, wholesale and retail stages of the agri-food supply chain, and related organisations and associations that represent or serve these companies and businesses.
The questionnaire takes 15-20 minutes to complete and is available in most EU languages.
The deadline for completion is 31 January 2022.
Help shape agri-food policy!
Thank you for your participation. Your voice is important!
Note that all individual responses will be treated confidentially and will not be communicated in any attributable manner without your permission.
An analytical summary of the aggregated responses will be made public by the European Commission services.
- IN-PACT - “Sustainable Innovation and Innovative practices in the Agri-food supply chain”
- IN-PACT online questionnaire
- Farm to Fork Strategy
- European Green Deal
- Data de publicação
- 11 janeiro 2022