We are very happy to announce the release of a new version of the European Commission's Photovoltaic Geographical Information System (PVGIS). PVGIS provides a free and open web access to solar radiation and temperature data and to PV performance assessment tools for any location in Europe and Africa, as well as large part of Asia and America. It is available in English, French, Italian and Spanish.
The main new features of PVGIS 5.1 are:
- New JSON output to facilitate the integration of PVGIS results in other web services.
- Bugs fixes. Several bugs reported by the users have been fixed.
- New defaults to guide users through selecting the best solar radiation database in each region. Also the temporal coverage of ERA5 has been extended to 2005-2016.
- The PVGIS documentation has been moved to the EU Science Hub.
- Upgraded apps to improve the performance of the non-interactive service. The new non-interactive calls are:
https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/api/printhorizon?lat=45&lon=8 [PVGIS 5.1]
https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvgis5/printhorizon.php?lat=45&lon=8 [PVGIS 5]
The name of the apps and the inputs parameters remain the same, except for some minor modifications to homogenize the inputs and increase the functionalities of the tools. The old calls will be temporally redirected, but we encourage users to start using the new calls since they include a higher rate limit of 10 calls per second.
Users are referred to the PVGIS 5.1 release note for a detailed description of the new features.
- Data de publicação
- 2 dezembro 2019