Identifying efficient schemes for combined renovation demands a comprehensive examination of technological options.
- We review technology options for combined seismic and energy upgrading of buildings.
- We gather insights to better estimate their performance in terms of seismic safety and energy efficiency improvement, cost and lifecycle impact.
- We examine and compare combinations of conventional technologies as well as novel ones.
Our work helps identifying novel and combined renovation technologies that save lives, protect the environment and secure commercial assets.
The data collected produce a comprehensive and scientifically rigorous understanding of the possibilities offered by the identified combined renovation technologies. Such insights help to choose the best combined renovation techniques for specialised renovation projects.
This informed selection process supports efforts of the European Green Deal’s Renovation Wave initiative and helps to preserve cultural heritage sites, within the Framework for Action on Cultural Heritage. In doing so, it contributes to the overarching goals of sustainability of the EU building stock by promoting technologies that combine energy and resource efficiency along with resilience to earthquakes.
- Review of technology options for combined seismic and energy upgrading of existing buildings
- Analysis of novel technologies for combined seismic and energy upgrading of existing buildings