- applied sciences
The action plan on building a capital markets union (CMU) has essentially been completed.
After 4 years since its launch by the EU, it is time to take stock of the achievements and to identify remaining and future challenges to ensure that the EU economy reaps the benefits of a single market for capital.
- How easy is it for SMEs nowadays to access non-bank finance?
- How integrated are capital markets after the crisis?
- How easily can capital cross borders to sustain investment in the wake of large asymmetric shocks?
- And to what extent does risk sharing take place for European households?
The 2nd annual conference of the JRC Community of Practice in Financial Research (CoPFiR) will address these questions, bringing together researchers in the field and policy makers.
This two-day event
- allows researchers to present policy-relevant papers
- promotes the exchange of ideas and knowledge between academics and policy makers
The conference is open to academics, technical experts, and practitioners.
Deadline for registration: 28 November 2019
- Firm financing for innovation and growth
- Capital markets and cross-border investment
- Financial integration and risk sharing
Papers and presentations
Through the network of CoPFiR, experts and academics submitted papers focused on policy-relevant issues.
Theoretical and empirical works will be presented.
The best contribution to the policy debate will receive the "CoPFiR Award for the Best Policy-relevant Research Paper."
The conference will be held in Brussels:European Commission Berlaymont Building Room Robert Schuman
The 2nd Annual Conference of the JRC Community of Practice in Financial Research (CoPFiR) is organised by the JRC in collaboration with the Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union (DG FISMA).
Please email JRC-COPFIR@ec.europa.eu