- applied sciences
- Social media links
How can the New European Bauhaus initiative inspire the thinking of local governments?
This hybrid session (online, in-person) will address sustainable and inclusive urban development and the New European Bauhaus initiative against the backdrop of the recovery effort.
Co-organised by the Global Forum of Local Governments and the Joint Research Centre, this session is preparing the ground for the upcoming, participatory process that will co-shape the New European Bauhaus project.
- European Commission President - Ursula von der Leyen
- Mayor of Seville - Juan Espadas
- Deputy Mayor of Florence - Cecilia Del Re (current Eurocities Presidency)
- Secretary General European Council of Municipalities and Regions - Frederic Vallier
- Chair of the Committee of the Regions Commission on Social Policy, Education, Employment, Research and Culture - Anne Karjalainen
- Chairperson of the City Board in Hämeenlinna/Vice Chairperson of Board of Association of Finnish Local and Regional Authorities/ Member of the Committee of the Regions - Sari Rautio
- Member of the European Parliament - Marcos Ros Sempere
- JRC’s Director-General - Stephen Quest.
The Global Forum of Local Governments is a space to make progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals, implement the 2030 Agenda and make effective the Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
It meets yearly with around 1,000 participants representing local governments and relevant stakeholders (including businesses, trade unions and civil society). Its objective is to turn cities into more sustainable places that are committed to the management of natural spaces and that seek to be more efficient.
Seville (Spain), ES