- applied sciences
Event will be held in German. Informationen in Deutsch...
In line with the new Counter-Terrorism Agenda for the EU, the EU Action Plan to Support the Protection of Public Spaces and the staff working document on Good Practices to Support the Protection of Public Spaces the European Commission supports national, regional and urban authorities and operators of public spaces in the exchange of good practices and lessons learnt, the creation of networks and in the cooperation among them across the EU. To this end, the European Commission is organizing the second EU Digital Autumn School which will offer specialized workshops on a broad spectrum of topics related to the protection of public spaces.
- Disseminate scientifically based knowledge for the better protection of public spaces across the EU
Provide detailed information and guidance for a comprehensive approach to protect public spaces – from evaluation of risk to calculation and selection of mitigation solutions
Provide information on freely accessible resources to serve security operators, practitioners and researchers
Provide information on funding opportunities and other initiatives at EU level
Stimulate sharing of knowledge and experience among security operators, authorities, urban planners, scientists, and policy-makers and create networks
Venue: online, no participation fee.
The school will provide four training sessions, Thursdays 9:30-12:00
Protection of public spaces, Security by design concept, blast protection principles
Hostile vehicle protection principles
UAS protection principles
*) Session needs application and admission, only for the targeted audience
Public authorities and private operators involved in the protection of public spaces, across different sectors including, but not limited to, urban security, law enforcement, public transport, mass events, hospitality, places of worship, or commerce.
The school is supported by the follwing oganisations:
- Bundesministerium Inneres, Österreich
- Bundeministerium des Innern und für Heimat, Deutschland
- Le Gouvernement du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, Ministère de la Sécurité intérieure
- Ministerium des Inneren für Digitalisierung und Kommunen Baden-Württemberg
- Senatsverwaltung für Inneres und Sport Berlin
- Senator für Inneres der Freien Hansestadt Bremen
- Niedersächsisches Ministerium für Inneres und Sport
- Sächsisches Staatsministerium des Innern, Hochschule der sächsischen Polizei
- Thüringer Ministerium für Inneres und Kommunales