- applied sciences | Economic and Monetary Union | financial stability | regional development | economic and social cohesion | economic analysis
The European Commission's Joint Research Centre (JRC) and the University of Milan-Bicocca organise NESPUTT, an international workshop which will take place in Milan on the 21st and 22nd of November 2019.
The workshop aims at fostering an interdisciplinary debate involving economists, statisticians, modellers and other social scientists towards a better understanding of contemporary regions and cities, viewed as complex socio-economic systems.
It encourages contributions about new theoretical/methodological approaches and applied research from regional economics, behavioural economics, environmental economics, experimental economics, statistics and other quantitative disciplines.
Some possible topics applied to regional and urban themes:
- Behavioural economics
- Digital transformation
- Environmental economics
- Experimental economics
- Innovation and competitiveness
- Regional divide
- Regional economic adjustment and development
- Small areas
- Social exclusion
- Social mobility
- Spatial modelling/statistics/econometrics
Call for papers
The NESPUTT2019 workshop will publish an electronic “Papers and Proceedings” edition with ISBN highlighting selected short papers (maximum 4 pages) from the meeting. You must indicate that your paper is to be included in the proceedings.
- Submissions of papers based on the application of behavioural, experimental and computational economics approaches to urban studies are also welcome.
- Special sessions devoted to particularly innovative approaches may be organized.
- Participation of interested researchers and policy makers from all countries is welcome.
You can submit your abstract in the EasyChair submission (Abstract) site.
- 30 June 2019 - Deadline for abstract submission.
- 20 July 2019 - Acceptance notification.
- 20 September 2019 - Deadline for early registration.
- 30 October 2019 - Standard registration deadline.
- 21-22 November 2019 - Workshop at University of Milan-Bicocca.
Riccardo Borgoni (UnimiB), Andrea Caragliu (PoliMi), Andrea Conte (European Commission JRC), André De Palma (ENS Paris Saclays), Giacomo Degli Antoni (University of Parma), Marco Faillo (University of Trento), Patrizio Lecca (European Commission, JRC), Alessandra Michelangeli (UnimiB), Nathalie Picard (University of Cergy-Pontoise).
Riccardo Borgoni (UnimiB), Antonella Carcagnì (UnimiB); Andrea Gilardi (UnimiB), Alessandra Michelangeli (UnimiB).
This workshop is organised in collaboration with the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies in Economics, Psychology and Social Sciences (CISEPS) and the Department of Economics, Management and Statistics (DEMS) at the University of Milan-Bicocca.
For further information please visit the NESPUTT workshop website.