The training goal is to teach nuclear inspectors the basic of volume mass determination in accountancy vessels and to provide them with a detailed knowledge of the dip tube technique used for tank calibration and verification. The course is mostly targeted at inspectors of bulk handling facilities, where nuclear material can be found in liquid form. The course has a duration of 4 days, where most of the time is spent on practical exercises with real tanks and instrumentation.
- nuclear safeguards | nuclear security
- Κοινό Κέντρο Ερευνών
- IAEA training courses
- 09:00 - 10:30 Introduction - Volume / level measuring devices - Transfer systems
- 11:30 - 12:30 Tank calibration theory / The bubbling system / Errors: role and effects
- 13:30 - 15:30 Tank calibration: working in the field
- 16:00 - 17:30 Tank calibration procedure: preparation checklist
- 09:00 - 10:30 Calibration plan: preparation pre-infield (Group A: miniTame / Group B: slab tank)
- 11:30 - 12:30 Calibration exercise: preparation pre-infield (Group A: miniTame / Group B: slab tank)
- 13:30 - 15:30 Calibration plan: preparation pre-infield (Group A: slab tank / Group B: miniTame)
- 16:00 - 17:30 Calibration plan: preparation pre-infield (Group A: slab tank / Group B: miniTame)
- 09:00 - 10:30 Extra calibration exercise / did they cheat us?
- 11:30 - 12:30 Calibration curves: theoretical exercise
- 13:30 - 15:30 Tank calibration: other methods
- 16:00 - 17:30 Recommendations / Final discussion / Certificates
Fees and charges:
There is no attendance fee charged for this course. Participants’ expenses may be reimbursed by the IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency) or the European Commission (DG ENER).
Application through DG ENER or IAEA training program
Γενικά στοιχεία επικοινωνίας
- Claudio Bergonzi
- European Commission Joint Research Centre