The Sustainable Finance Research Forum provides an open platform to discuss approaches and experiences of academics and policy officers with financial sector practitioners to strengthen the role of open science and knowledge sharing between the financial sector and the research community.
The Sustainable Finance Research Forum will feature two keynote speeches, one by Nobel laureate prof. Robert F. Engle and one by Chief Policy officer at European Banking Federation Sébastien de Brouwer, as well as the closing remarks by Commissioner McGuinness.
The following sessions will be part of the programme:
- Industry-related research
- How can research help?
- At the interface between science and industry
- sustainable finance | green investment | green economy | climate change
- Ar líne amháin
- Cén áit
- Ar líne amháin
The EU committed to the objective of a more sustainable economy and society with the adoption of the Paris Agreement on climate change, the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and the Strategy for Financing the Transition to a Sustainable Economy.
The Sustainable Research Forum is a new open platform established by the EC in the context of the Strategy to discuss approaches and experiences with the financial sector’s community. This forum will:
- increase awareness on the use of sustainable finance research and unleash the potential of sustainability-related data,
- provide tools to help investors navigate challenges in sustainable finance,
- foster knowledge exchange between researchers and the financial community.
More information on Sustainable Finance at the JRC
Recordings and presentations are available on the Sustainable Finance Research Forum information page.