- applied sciences | decommissioning of power stations | safety of nuclear installations | radioactive waste | consumer protection | civil defence | security research | European security | nuclear security | critical infrastructure security | non-proliferation of arms | nuclear non-proliferation
The Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA) and the Joint Research Center (JRC) celebrate 30 years of cooperation in the field of research and development on nuclear safeguards and security.
This event will review the history and achievements of the cooperation and discuss future challenges.
The event is organised as online side event of the 64th IAEA General Conference.
Please include in your email your
- full name,
- e-mail address (to send you follow up information).
Deadline: 22 September 2020
- Thursday, 24 September 2020.
- 9:00 -10:30 (Central European Time)
The side-event will be organised using ZOOM.
The Zoom meeting information will be sent to you after registration.
Moderator: Mr. Yosuke Naoi (ISCN/JAEA), Mr. Said Abousahl (JRC)
- Mr. Stephen Quest, Director-General JRC
- Mr. Toshio Kodama, President JAEA
Overview of the collaboration
- Ms. Zdenka Palajova, JRC
- Mr. Masato Hori, ISCN/JAEA
Outcomes and recent activities
Neutron resonance densitometry
- Mr. Peter Schillebeeckx, JRC Geel
Development of NDA techniques
- Mr. Mitsuo Koizumi, ISCN/JAEA
- Mr. Yoshiki Kimura, ISCN/JAEA
- Mr. Klaus Mayer, EC-JRC Karlsruhe
- Mr. Kamel Abbas, EC-JRC Ispra
- Ms. Megumi Sekine, ISCN/JAEA
- Mr. Raja Abdul Aziz Raja Adnan, Director, Nuclear Security Division, IAEA
- Mr. Willem Janssens, President, ESARDA
- Mr. Al-Sharif Nasser Bin Nasser, Managing Director, Middle East Scientific Institute for Security (MESIS) / Head of Middle East Regional Secretariat EU Centres of Excellence Initiative, Jordan
- Mr. Yosuke Naoi, ISCN/JAEA
- Mr. Said Abousahl, JRC