- applied sciences
Connected and Automated Vehicles (CAVs) can improve transport and reducing its negative impacts.
CAVs are expected to
- be safer,
- more energy efficient,
- increase the road network capacity.
To discuss about expectations and concerns, we organise a co-creation workshop about connected and automated mobility.
Call for applications
We invite representatives who work in relevant sectors in
- academia, industry, NGOs and national ministries and are from
- Enlargement and integration countries, including:
- Candidate and potential candidate countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Kosovo* – This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence – Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey),
- European neighbourhood policy countries Associated to Horizon 2020 (Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Tunisia, Ukraine), and new EU Member State (Croatia)
To apply, please send your CV and supporting letter to JRC-EI-CCAM@ec.europa.eu.
Deadline: 31 August 2020
The number of places is limited to a maximum of 30 participants.
The workshop will be organised as an online participatory event.
- Update participants on the EU's policy on development of cooperative, connected and automated mobility.
- Discuss about main factors that can help or hinder the introduction of CAVs on the market.
- Identify regional differences in the attitudes towards CAVs
Programme and background information
- Introduction. The future of road transport: technology and policy outlook, citizen perspective.
- Co-creation session 1. Expectations and concerns about Connected and Automated Vehicles.
- Co-creation session 2. Threats and opportunities of a Connected and Automated Mobility.
- Discussion about the main findings and comparison with previous activities by the JRC.
Detailed workshop programme (PDF)