- applied sciences | energy research | transport research
The JRC-AUTOTRAC 2020 is a competition for teams of makers who will compete against each other with self-built fleets of small-scale automated vehicles. After postponing it twice due to the effects of the Covid pandemics, the final event of the competition will be held in the form of an online event on 17 June 2021 as part of the 7th International IEEE Conference on Models and Technologies for Intelligent Transportation Systems.
Only three international teams are still in the running towards winning the first edition of the competition:
- Technical University of Delft (NL)
- University of California Riverside (US)
- Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences (DE)
JRC Organising Team
Each team will show the performance of their in-house developed fleet of four small-scale automated vehicles on the two different traffic scenarios prepared for the race.
During the performance of their vehicles the teams will earn or loose points. The team collecting the highest number of points among the two scenarios will win the competition.
- Welcome and Introduction to the JRC and its Exploratory Research Program (B. Ciuffo, J. Thielen Del Pozo)
- Objectives and structure of the robotic competition (M. Makridis, V. Padovan)
- Technical solutions proposed by the three finalists (S. Grammatico, Q. Nguyen, M. Chembakasseril, G. Wu)
- Video of the three teams competing
- Award of the winning team and conclusions of the event (B. Ciuffo)
Time & Webstreaming
The event will start at 2.00pm CEST and can be freely attended by connecting to the dedicated Webex Virtual Room.
In line with the conference program the event will last 1h15’.
To follow live the AUTOTRAC final event you can enter the dedicated webex virtual room on 17 June 2021 starting at 1.45pm.
Recordings of the event are available upon request: JRC-SMART-MOBILITY@ec.europa.eu