- applied sciences
Policymakers need to react to challenge posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This 2nd summer school intends to aid policymakers in creating stimulus packages, which also help to achieve climate and other environmental and societal policy goals.
Presentations are available on the Summer School information page.
Programme and speakers
The event will feature both academic sessions and more policy-oriented lectures.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Adair Morse (University of California at Berkeley)
- Joeri Rogelj (Imperial College London and International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA))
- Nancy Saich (European Investment Bank)
- Martin Spolc (European Commission, Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union)
The challenge posed by the COVID-19 pandemic should not overshadow the goals of a more sustainable economy and society.
In this context, policymakers are called upon to design stimulus packages which also help to achieve climate and other environmental and societal policy goals.
To this end, we promote the development of
- policy-relevant research and
- science-based policies.
This research and policies intend to aid policymakers in creating stimulus packages which also help to achieve climate and other environmental and societal policy goals.
For more information, please email JRC-COPFIR@ec.europa.eu.