EURL ECVAM is an integral part of the Joint Research Centre (JRC), the science and knowledge service of the European Commission. We are located on the JRC site in Ispra, Italy.
What we do
For over 30 years, the JRC has been working on the Three Rs – the Replacement, Reduction and Refinement of animal experiments. The mandate of EURL ECVAM set out in EU legislation on the protection of animals used for scientific purposes and includes a number of duties:
- Research and development, supported through collaboration with EU and international research initiatives
- Validation of alternative methods for the safety assessment of chemicals
- Dissemination of information and sharing of knowledge on the Three Rs
- Promotion of the Three Rs and non-animal approaches in science
Find out about the validation process, validated test methods, how to submit a test method and much more.
Read our reviews on emerging non-animal models used for research in different disease areas.
Discover our education and training activities targeting secondary schools, universities and professional development.
Advancing alternative approaches through better knowledge sharing. Be part of the Three Rs knowledge community!
Making biological sense of COVID-19 using the Adverse Outcome Pathways (AOP) knowledge management framework.
We have an extensive experimental facility used for the development, validation and standardisation of in vitro methods.
- EURL ECVAM
- Correio eletrónico
- Endereço postal
- Via Enrico Fermi, 2749, 21027 Ispra VA, Italy