- Typ av tidsfrist
- Ett steg
The Nanobiotechnology Laboratory features state-of-the-art equipped facilities designed to foster interdisciplinary studies. A special emphasis lies on characterisation of nanomaterials, nanomedicines, advanced materials and their interactions with biological systems, as well as on the detection, identification and characterisation of nanomaterials in food and consumer products.
Priority topics of the Nanobiotechnology laboratory
Nanomaterial characterisation including their interactions with biological systems (culture media, proteins, etc.).
Detection of nanomaterials in complex matrices.
Surface chemical analysis of macro and nanomaterials.
Surface modification and nano-fabrication. Biosensor platform characterisation.
Cell cultures of adherent cells. Material biocompatibility studies. In vitro assays for assessing nanomaterial genotoxicity, cytotoxicity and uptake studies. Transcriptomics.
Advanced material characterisation for non-bio-applications (energy, transport, etc.).
Definition and conditions of access
Access to the research infrastructure is granted on the basis of Access Units (e.g. days or weeks of use, hours or sessions of beam time, processing time and gigabytes of data transmitted, etc.). Access Units are specific to the type and nature of each JRC research infrastructure that provides access.
For the Nanobiotechnology Laboratory the Unit of Access is 'Instrument days' which correspond to the use of one (1) instrument during one (1) day.
- Estimated total number of Instrument days allocated to the call: 60-90
- Average number of Instrument days per project: 15 (i.e. 3 instruments for 5 days)
- Estimated costs excluding consumables and expenses:
- Research infrastructure operated by JRC staff: 126 € / instrument day
- Research infrastructure operated by users: 55 € / instrument day
Options for the allocation of intellectual property rights:
- The JRC and the entitled party (person or organisation that has been granted access) become co-owners in equal shares of all raw data, treated data and documentation data developed with respect to the access;
- or, if requested by the user or when users run the research infrastructure
- Raw data, treated data and documentation data will be solely owned by the entitled party. The JRC receives a non-exclusive, royalty free, unlimited and world-wide license to use (meaning in particular to access, exploit, adapt, merge, translate, copy and store) the raw data, processed data and documentation data in all fields of exploitation. Where relevant, the license will include all the data / information necessary to replicate the tests.
- The Lead User Institution and User Institutions (see definitions in the Framework) must be from an EU Member State, candidate country or country associated to the EU Research Programme Horizon 2020.
- The Lead User Institution must be from a university, research or public institution, or from a Small-Medium-Enterprise (SME).
- Ethical considerations in accordance with EU Law, in particular Art. 19 of Regulation (EU) 1291/2013, and applicable laws and regulations in the EU Member States.
- The proposal submission form is complete and complies with the instructions.
Any proposal will be scrutinised in accordance with weighted selection criteria such as:
- Scientific implementation
- Access to SMEs and new Users
- Strategic relevance to the JRC
- Strategic importance for Europe
The proposal must be prepared by using the template given in Annex 3.1 of the Framework.
The Lead User must also fill in the JRC Nanobiotechnology request and follow the instructions at the beginning of the form when submitting the proposal.
During preparation of the proposal, applicants are encouraged to:
- Read the "Framework of Access to Joint Research Centre physical Research Infrastructures" and its annexes.
- Contact the research infrastructure at JRC-OPEN-NANOBIOTECH@ec.europa.eu to assess feasibility aspects related to the capacity of the research infrastructure.
The proposal should be submitted to JRC-RI-OPEN-ACCESS@ec.europa.eu by the closing date of the call.
Communication of the assessment of proposals:2018-07-13 00:00:00